Real Madrid beaten at home

La Liga, Round 5,—Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Score:                     Real Madrid 0-1 Real Betis

Half-time:               Real—0—0 Betis

Goals:                     Betis—Sanabria, 94th

Possession:            Real 60%, Betis 40%

Shots at/on Goal:  Real 27/7—Betis 12/4

Sound bite:            Betis rope-a-dope reels Real in for the lastest-minute kill.

Turning Point:       The second half whistle, when it became clear Real was still clueless and Betis with new life and added focus fancied a win was possible.

Formations:           Real—4-3-3, Betis—4-2-3-1

Rosters:  Real Madrid: Navas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo (Lucas Vazquez 71); Modric (Mayoral 72), Casemiro, Kroos; Isco (Asensio 67), Ronaldo, and Bale. Subs not used: Casilla, Nacho, Llorente, Ceballos Fernandez. Booked: none. Real Betis—Adan; Barragan, Mandi, Feddal, Durmisi; Ruiz (Joaquin 80) Javi Garcia; Camarasa (Guardado 43), Guerrero Martin (Boudebouz, 61), Tello; and Sanabria. Subs not used: Gimenez, Navarro, Amat, and Leon. Booked: Mandi, Feddal, Tello.

LL ranking:   Real—10, Betis—5

Form:                     Real—2W, 0L, 2D, Betis 2W, 2L, 0D

Head-to-head:       Real—22W-8L-13D

FP CRI: Quique—3, Zidane—3.

Venue:                   Santiago Bernabeu, Madrid, Spain

Attendance:           65,102

Capacity:                81,044

Weather:                83F/28C/41% Humidity

Pitch:                     Pretty smooth

 

Referee Team:       Referee—Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz, Assistant Referee 1: Pau Cebrian Devis
Assistant Referee 2: Roberto Diaz Perez del Palomar, and Fourth Official: Luis Miguel Montero de Lerma.

Fouls Committed: Real   18—24  Betis

Fouls Called:         Real  13—11   Betis

Yellow Cards:       Real    0—3     Betis

Red Cards:            Real    0—0     Betis

FP-HRI/Match:     2/2

 

Game Summary: A mock one sided contest, with Madrid having 70% of the chances and Betis scoring off of their 30%. The Merengues were never really all there for long stretches. The green-uniformed Betis were front and center and focused from minute one to the 94th. The result was earned if not fair, but this will be the turning point of the season for Zidane and company. They either go on a tear or their squad will be torn apart come next summer.

 

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.